Maggie, Medium has rules of engagement. Period full stop. PERIOD FULL STOP. If you are in doubt in any way about your right to shut some the FUCK up for being vicious, abusive, rude, ugly or anything else, kindly read the rules. They are very clear. I might remind you of several very important things here:
- If this cretin does it to you, he’s done it to many of the rest of us including me. Not taking care of business encourages him and his sick ilk to keep on pouring sewage into the River of Otherwise Gracious Discourse, which includes being able to disagree like educated adults, which immediately does NOT include these mindless morons.
- Blocking isn’t enough. Report them for abuse. All you gotta do is reference the rules, lovely lady, and if they have been broken (and all your quotes indicate that they have), and report the POS. Get them kicked off. Chances are they may surface again, and we have to play a remarkably mindless game of Whack a Mole, because turds float.
- You owe nobody an apology for speaking the goddamned truth. I do it all the time, and fuckwits come after me with their claws out. I report, and block, and let their steaming piles of verbal shit sit out there for people to look at and see these CIS shits for who they are. That’s plenty enough.
- The good guys will support you. They always do. There are plenty of them.
- Never apologize for being honest. That the truth is painful and awkward does not make your experience any less true. That’s why we write. You owe the world your stories. Those voices that try to bark you out of your tree need to be set on righteous fire. The way to do that is do not back down. Don’t engage. Report, block and finally,
- Keep right on fucking writing, Maggie. Because if we don’t show up, speak up and keep up, we cannot get these assholes to SHUT UP.